Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Integrity


"Be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. "
(The Holy Bible - I Timothy 4:12) 

How easy it is to take on the name of Christian but not follow with a Christlike life.

Am I changing colors to "fit in" like the chameleon? Do I put on a show for the benefit of others but fail to live the life of Love and Soul, imaging forth the Godliness that is my heritage? Am I ashamed to be different and to set the pace for others... and myself? Are my statements of faith and understanding, and my stated deeply held convictions different than what I actually demonstrate in daily life?

It is SO easy to proclaim one standard for oneself but then not live up to it in "real life".  It has been a real struggle for me.   This post is a repeat since I am revisiting the issue and reaffirming my determination to overcome judging, criticizing and seeing others as less than God's expression or perfection.

A good friend once described his definition of integrity as "The coincidence between what we SEEM to be on the outside, and what we REALLY ARE on the inside.

Today I will strive earnestly to live the life that I proclaim to live, reflect the values that I hold dearly and be a genuine follower of the example that Christ Jesus set.

No comments: